Eversource is providing you new information about your energy use through the Home Energy Reports program. It's part of our ongoing efforts to help our customers save energy and money.
- Email: energyreportsCT@eversource.com
- Phone: 866-541-7779 (8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday)
Frequently asked questions
About the neighbor comparison
- Who are my neighbors?
- Your energy use is being compared to the usage patterns of a group of about 100 neighbors whose homes are close to yours and similar in size.
- How did you choose the homes used in my neighbor comparisons?
- To provide valid comparisons, we've chosen specific homes that are nearby and have characteristics that typically lead to similar energy needs, such as home size and heating source. And importantly, we only include homes that appear to be occupied at the time of the comparison.
- What if there are good reasons that my household uses more energy than my neighbors?
- Our goal is to provide you with a comparison that is valid and meaningful. Currently, our report comparisons include a group of similar, nearby, occupied homes. Our research shows that for almost all residents this provides a good indication of typical usage. However, there are some factors for which we do not account, such as the number of occupants in the home and special loads like hot tubs and swimming pools. You can provide additional information about your home to enhance your neighbor comparison by calling us at 866-541-7779.
- I have certain life or housing circumstances, such as energy-intensive medical equipment, that prevent me from reducing my energy use. So how can these reports help me?
- It's understandable that some people may have life or housing circumstances that make it difficult to reduce their home's energy use. We aim to provide a wide range of ideas that can address the various needs of our customers and their homes. We encourage you to find out which tips are best for you and search for more ideas. In some cases, you may not be able to realize substantial savings, but we've found that most people can realize at least some savings and we hope we can help you do so.
- How can my efficient neighbors manage to use so much less energy than me?
- Efficient households likely take a variety of steps to reduce their electricity use, including using the thermostat to manage heating and cooling costs, turning off lights and electronics when not in use and always running full loads in the dishwasher, washer and dryer. The reports provide actionable steps that you can take to help you make your home more efficient.
- How do you determine the size of my home and how do I update it?
- The square footage of your home that we use in the Home Energy Report is based on data that is collected from public government sources about your home. If the square footage on your report is not correct, you can change it by calling us toll free at 866-541-7779.
About the program
- What is the purpose of the program?
- Most people are eager to make their home more efficient and save money, but they're not always sure how. The Eversource Home Energy Reports program is designed to provide more information about your energy use so you can make informed choices and save money. We welcome your feedback. Please contact us at energyreportsCT@eversource.com or 866-541-7779 with your comments or suggestions for improvement.
- Why was I selected to be a part of the program?
- We want to help you save energy and lower your electric bill. You are among a group of Eversource residential customers included in the Home Energy Reports program, which is designed to help meet this goal.
- What is in the Home Energy Report?
Home Energy Reports are designed to provide new information to help you understand your home's energy use and find smart ways to make your home more efficient. Each report will provide you with new information including:
- Information on your home's energy use: For the first time, you'll be able to see your home's energy use in the context of the energy use of your neighbors' homes that are nearby and similar in size.
- Progress tracking: You'll also see how your home's energy use changes over time and across seasons.
- Ideas on Energy Efficiency: On each report, you can find ways to save energy, including information on the rebates and other special programs we offer.
- Where can I learn more?
- The U.S. Department of Energy, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Energize Connecticut are good, independent resources for additional information on energy savings.
- Is my report available via email?
- Yes. To go paperless or receive email in addition to your paper report, please call our toll free number at 866-541-7779.
- Can I opt out of this program?
- Yes. The reports are provided to help you understand your home energy use, save energy and reduce your energy costs. If you would like to opt out you can do so by calling us toll free at 866-541-7779.